Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Bridge to Nowhere is starting in the Middle.

Eureka! Worlds have been created, oceans have been crossed and mountains ground to dust all through the power of my pinkie and thumb rubbing prints silently but swiftly.

My brain feels quite full right now. That's when the silly really turns on. When fantasy just might as well have free rein...as if that wasn't what I was going for anyway.

Here's what I will do: close my eyes and type.

I like a lot of you. Perhaps all of you. Humanity is something I want to understand. I've been doing so much inward looking these days. Today I decided to put down a lot of the burdens I've been carrying for oh so long. It's not easy and perhaps not that quick, but I think visualization goes a long way to setting things in motion. I've been doing lots of that these days. Plus I've been reading tons of books that are taking me on an introspective journey. I decided a while ago that I wanted life to be surprising beyond my wildest dreams, and it surely is. There's always so much more, and I want all of that. I want eyes to see, ears to hear and a mind to interpret.

I've got a cool little story going. Last weekend (last Sunday to be exact) I sat down and just started out with something in the handwritten journal I keep. I expected nothing, and almost wanted nothing. I didn't really feel like writing because I didn't think anything would come. But I kept it up for just a bit and was suddenly dragged face first into a really compelling and personal story. It's amazing to me. So totally surprising and touching in so many ways. I can't wait to do more on it. I'm almost a little afraid to do more of it. But I just will keep with wherever it takes me. I named this thing (or the URL) Harold and Charles Jr. I'm so excited for these characters. Boy, now I'm really fired up about it. I hope I'm able to share it at some point. I think it could be something really great.

Should I now go on and on about the greatness that is me? NO!

I'm really glad for the life I lead out here. Boy is it interesting. Total changes in all ways. It's really felt lonely and crappy at times. This place really isn't the easiest place to make personal connections. I've met great amazing and sensitive people from my classes, but these are people I want to work with, and I've put work way ahead of social life. Friday there was a surprise party for a fellow Paramount Page, and he is way cooler and has a more generous spirit than I could have imagined. So much different than I thought of him at first impression. And I really felt included with these people! There's something new around here too! Wow. So I feel great about that. I met some really great, creative and hilarious people. And incidentally, I have splinters lodged in my left hand from climbing just two rungs up a telephone poll. I didn't even feel them go in! But there they are. I got the biggest bits out (none were too huge) and now I just hope the rest will push their way out as my skin does whatever it does to heal itself.

That TV show Lost is super melodramatic right now. Ew! They ought to spend more time with it, get better people to act in the lesser roles and maybe try not to be so glaringly elusive when it comes to revealing plot points! And Sawyer needs to quit posing and acting like a model. Why don't you whip that hair out of your eyes again until Kate is drawn irresistibly (and inexplicably) into your sappy embrace?

Here's to real, spontaneous and organic living!

Let's all embrace the porcupine and spend a day at the hospital! Who's with me?

With arms that could reach up and pull down all the stars but I just don't want to,

Aaron the Triscuit Eater.

No comments: